AAF Omaha Mission Statement
AAF Omaha is the unifying voice for advertising in the Omaha/Council Bluffs metropolitan area. As advocates for the rights of advertisers, we educate policy makers, the media and general public on the value advertising brings to the well being of our community. We foster the highest standards of practice and cultivate the industry’s present and future leaders. Sharing a commitment to make advertising a positive force, we are the only professional association that binds together mutual interests of corporate advertisers, agencies, marketing and media services, suppliers, academia, and other advertising and public relations professionals.
The Ad Biz is Our Biz
AAF Omaha is YOUR club and your advocate for a host of advertising industry-related issues. The American Advertising Federation Omaha is one of 210 ad clubs across the United States that is a member of the American Advertising Federation (AAF). AAF Omaha is a member of the AAF 9th District. On the local level, AAF Omaha is the unifying voice for the Omaha/Council Bluffs metropolitan area. Here are some highlights from our last year of progress:
- Consistently updated club members with AAF Omaha’s AdMuse newsletter with more attention on spotlighting members and membership moves and shakes in the Omaha advertising community.
- Rebuilt the AAF Omaha website and developed a membership directory online.
- Provided 6 $1,000 and $2,000 scholarships to deserving students from the University of Nebraska at Omaha, Univeristy of Nebraska-Lincoln, Creighton University and Creative Center.
- Increased networking and camaraderie opportunities via several special events including AAF Omaha AdNights, Ad Wars, AAF Omaha Bowl-O-Rama and the December Holiday Party.
- Sponsored a full year of top-quality monthly luncheon programs at AdBites.
- Hosted annual meet and greet in Lincoln with State Senators to open communications on advertising related legislative issues.
- Staged the 50th annual Meet the Pros event for regional college students, educated and provided mentoring and career guidance to nearly 200 students attending the 2012 event.
- Produced a comprehensive public service campaign for the Celiac Sprue Association and the Midwest Heart Connection.
AAF Omaha Public Service
Each year, the American Advertising Federation Omaha assembles a Public Service Committee which chooses a local non-profit organization to receive a comprehensive advertising campaign at little or no cost. AAF Omaha has voluntarily been involved in public service advertising projects for many years, creating and promoting pro-bono campaigns that would normally cost an average of $200,000. Recent campaign recipients include The Hope Center, Youth Emergency Services, Shaken Baby Task Force, The Kim Foundation/Project Relate, Children’s Respite Care Center and Domestic Violence Coordinating Council. Click to view the campaigns…
1st Vice President
2nd Vice President
Chairman of the Board
Nebraska Advertising Awards ADDY
Meet the Pros
AAF 9th District